Fleet Management Solutions
NEC Fleet Management System (FMS) can assist the company to improve its logistics services and have more efficient operations in planning for goods pickups, deliveries and/or service calls. NEC FMS helps to reduce operating costs, operational complexity and to provide better customer services and experiences to its customers.
In parallel, NEC’ Route Planning solutions gives logistics professionals the tools to maximize fleet and mobile resource utilization and efficiency.
Our tools provide advanced route optimization across a wide variety of planning scenarios from territories and master routes to extremely dynamic routing environments driven by real-time demand at the point of sale. Moreover, our solutions help to decrease costs, improve service, increase productivity, and reduce the environmental impact of your fleet.
Major Features & Benefits
- Strategic Delivery Planning optimizes and build new services, sales/distribution territories and replenishment strategies that maximize customer service and profit
- Daily & Multi-day Route Planning provides basic and advanced features to accelerate your ability to continuously create optimal reliable routes using fewer trucks, miles and drivers
- Reservations enables real-time appointment scheduling to make pickup, delivery, or service commitments that help keep fleet operations productive and profitable and increase customer satisfaction
- Sales and Merchandiser Management provides resources planning and productivity management for mobile workers (sales, merchandisers, and other field personnel)
- Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) is GPS-based fleet-wide visibility with real-time status updates (ie. buses, trucks, etc)
- Dynamically linked map, schedule and asset views provide information on key indicators such as capacity usage, time to service each stop, customer time window violations, alternate available resources, route profitability, and more using GPS-based data
Bus Intelligent System Aims
- Accurate and reliable automatic & manual bus stop announcements
- Friendly system to passengers
- Convenient system for drivers to operate
- Extensive data analysis to manage passengers safety and quality of service
- Improve efficiency and reduce operating costs
- Real time bus fleet performance monitoring
- Driver behavior reporting to improve overall fuel efficiency & passenger safety
- ETA disseminated over various media
- Onboard advertisements
NEC Onboard Unit
Onboard Unit is the main hardware module installed on the vehicle for data logger, data processing and to receive & transmit & vehicle & GPS data to the backend via mobile network (ie. 3G, GPRS & Wi-Fi). It can connect with either LCD touch screen display or driver handset installed on the dashboard. From the screen, it receives short message from the data centre, actual vehicle location from the navigation map view, warning sign like speeding, haste brake and safety driving message to the driver. The onboard unit plays and displays the bus stop announcement in the journey accurately to the passengers without pressing any button by the bus driver. The total solution is fully automated with safe operation, improved fuel efficiency and reduced overall resource.